Monday, February 15, 2010

Withdrawal

My body shakes…

I get cold sweats…

My mouth goes dry….



My heart-rate increases when I see your face.

Standing up is impossible…I get dizzy and fall back down.

My eyes are glazed.

Everything is foggy.

Every muscle  hurts….especially around my chest.

I feel nauseated but when I lean over nothing comes out but your name…

I lay in bed twitching.

My sheets are drenched with sweat.

My teeth ache from gritting them too hard.

Days go by..or maybe it was only hours?

My sense of time is off.

I watch my ceiling fan go around in circles.

I try to focus on breathing.

I focus on the sound of the clock ticking.

I count the blinds on my window.

Something…

Anything….

Anything to keep me from focusing on my heartbeat that seems to be getting slower…

I lay back in my bed and look at the nightstand to my left.

I gaze at the syringe with its long needle…the last drop of you hanging on the tip.

I roll my head to the right and gaze at the small orange bottle that sits on the opposite nightstand.

“Take 2 capsules every 4-6 hours until finished. Consult doctor if symptoms continue after use”

I stare at the bottle…I know that it can save me.

But I would rather have another hit of you…but you stopped giving me my fix….



My body shakes…

I get cold sweats…

My mouth goes dry…

My heart stops….

[Via http://electricphoenix.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment