Friday, January 22, 2010

The Lovely Bones (spoiler warning)

I enjoyed The Lovely Bones! It was better than I expected it to be. Like most Peter Jackson films, it felt a bit long in places, especially when you were waiting an extra ten seconds to see what you already knew was going to happen, but perhaps the fact that I felt the suspense is a positive thing. Also, there was enough of the unexpected and/or uncertain to keep me curious.

The fact that it’s set in the 70s definitely runs in it’s favour. It makes the film artistically interesting and somewhat unique. It seems that most films set in the 70s were either A) made in the 70s or B) about drugs, so The Lovely Bones is somewhat refreshing in this regard.

I was a little bit disappointed by the resolution, being somewhat more inclined toward seeing justice done in the legal sense rather than the “what goes around comes around” sense myself. But that’s just my taste. But it was good to at least see something happen to him.

Anyway I think that’s about all I have to say. It’s worth your money, in case you were wondering. If you wait for it on DVD, then ok, but do make sure you see it!

[Via http://tommo39.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment