Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some Old School Pics

A secret (that’s not so secret) about me is that I used to sell and do drugs. Like something heavy. And this first picture I took at one of those party spots I used to frequent. It’s a glass chess board that we used to blow mountains on. A few people I used to know may remember those days too when they look at this picture. Whatever it means for them, it represents my next move.

In yet another life I worked for FEMA during Charlie, Francis, Ivan, Rita and Katrina.

For what ever reason you have to bitch about FEMA, I’m sorry and I may even agree with you. But, this isn’t about that.

I don’t have much left from those days, except a heavy case of PTSD and these pictures. Those scenes were as common as every time I blinked. Usually accompanied by sobbing owners or rifle clad National Guardsmen. Not necessarily a good time in my life but I learned more about people in those short years than any other time.

These are a sombre reminder for me of the places I’ve been and the reasons why I can’t go back.

-CK

[Via http://ckliar.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment