Friday, September 4, 2009

Saving Grace

Note: This movie is rated MA 15+

Saving Grace is a bit raaaandom… it’s funny, but I’m not sure I loved it. It’s about this old lady, called Grace, whose husband dies when he jumps out of an aeroplane without a parachute. You see? Bit random. Quite odd. Anyway, turns out poor Grace’s husband has left behind a TON of debt, and no money to pay it off, so Grace is in a situation. She turns to drug dealing, and everything turns into a mess.

It baffled me a bit. I mean, it’s really hard to understand why you would turn to drugs. I mean yes, Grace was afraid she would lose everything, and I know some people do sell drugs when they’re in financial troubles, because there’s just no other option, but why? You know? Well, I guess I can’t explain what I think, but, you know, it’s just… you know.

And the ending of this is a bit silly. It is a comedy, and a slow one, but the ending’s just silly.

Well, I can’t really explain what I didn’t like about this movie, but I found it unsettling.

Fave character: Nicky, Grace’s drug-partner’s girlfriend. She has a level head. She’s clever.

Fave scene: When the drug-partner, Matthew, finds out Nicky is pregnant. They jump into the sea and swim out to eachother. Nice.

Fave baddie: The hippie! Ha ha! Hysterical!

Fave machine: The machine that looked after the first ‘plant’.

Fave explosion: The hydroponic lights.

Well, looking back on my faves, I guess I kind of have to give this 3/5. I was going to give it 2.5/5, but seeing as I can’t explain what was wrong with it, I leave it there.

[Via http://kidsgomoo.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment