Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shock me like an electric feel.

Tired, shrouded in a hangover that doesn’t pass. I miss E. I miss feeling safe all the time.

 

Been kicked around so long,

You’re starting to get used to how it feels.

The taste of blood that’s in your mouth,

There’s still somehow it always heals.

I don’t know how you keep on getting up

From all those ghostly blows

And all that pain that lingers,

Deep down in the darkness where it grows.

And there you sit on high,

All tucked away and locked up in the clouds,

Waiting for someone to finally

Come along and take you out

Into this bitter world

That also often treated you so cruel.

When they turn away,

You know that they will say that you’re a fool.

And so patiently,

You waited for a love to come along

Take you out into this bitter world

So often done you wrong.

There you sit alone

And there you shed a solitary tear,

Listening to a song

You think that no one else would ever hear.

I know how hard it is

To keep your head up, kid.

I know hard it is,

But keep your head up.

 

When will it stop?

[Via http://anylandingisagoodlanding.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment